Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Perspective

For anyone with OCD, you know what it is too lose something; you become obsessed (the O in OCD!) with finding it.  As I was working at my computer, I looked down and realized a stone was missing from my engagement ring, the ring I had had re-mounted only a week ago.  Since it was a tiny side diamond, there was no way that was going to show up, but then I could not find the receipt.  Shamefully, I will tell you I looked for two hours, to include looking in the same places more than once (isn't this the definition of insanity--doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results?)  But after looking through the garbage--twice--I found it!  Thank you Lord.  Then back at the computer, I visited A Holy Experience, Ann Voskamp's blog.  She spoke of the 2012 lists of gifts we should look for this year.  I added my name to the many others that have committed to doing this.  That was when I realized, I needed to give thanks for finding perspective.  Right this moment I have several friends facing life-changing situations; they would trade their problem for my lost rock.  But in reality, we just need the Rock.  Perspective, I am grateful I found it.

No comments:

Post a Comment